NEWS: Episode VII news!
We had a big discussion at our last fortnightly board games meet-up, about where we're going and what we want to do next. On the positive side, we're all excited to start work on Episode VII, and we discussed a bunch of plotting ideas.
The big issue is the logistics of writing strips, now that we don't have lunchtimes together to do the writing. We talked about it, and the current plan is:
- We finish off the Muppets story, then do the usual 3-strip intermission, at 1 strip per week.
- While that's playing out, we plan story material for Episodes 7-9.
- I (David Morgan-Mar) will start writing skeleton scripts for comics, outlining plot points and story beats and with some dialogue filled in. Some of these will be completed scripts, others will have gaps where I need more inspiration or ideas.
- At our fortnightly games nights, we'll do a quick run through the skeletons, brainstorm ideas for gaps in the scripts, add punchlines, tweak things, and hopefully manage to produce six completed strips a fortnight. We may also have catch-up sessions on voice chat to polish things off.
- We will try to build up a buffer of 3 strips per week, to allow us to return to our 3 strips a week schedule for Episode VII.
- We'll see if we can sustain this level of activity. Hopefully yes. But if not, we may have to decide to cut the schedule back a bit.