To celebrate two years of Darths & Droids, the Cheddar Masters opened the Cheddar Monk Academy! Prospective Cheddar Monks enrolled to become Padawans and then perform as many of the Cheddar Monk challenges as they could throughout the academic year.
Each challenge was worth Cheddar Monk points. After one gruelling year of challenges (which ended at on 14 September, 2010), the class graduated, with many Padawans going on to become Cheddar Monks. The top ranked Padawans also received fantastic prizes!
Furthermore, through the two Charity challenges, Padawans raised a total of US$2858 for charity!
The Academy Rules For the Year 2009/2010
- Padawans must be registered on the IWC forums to join the Cheddar Monk Academy.
- Challenges are worth points as described on each task.
- All challenges will remain open until the Cheddar Monk Graduation date (14 September, 2010).
- One new challenge will be posted each Monday.
- Padawans of course must wear robes during all challenges.
- Points are awarded at the discretion of the Cheddar Masters upon receipt of evidence of challenge completion. The Cheddar Masters are guardians of Justice throughout the Galaxy, so their decisions are above reproach.
- The Cheddar Masters may award bonus "style" points at their discretion for challenges completed in particularly Cheddar Monkish ways. Padawans are strongly encouraged to try to gain style points!
- Padawans may re-attempt challenges to improve their scores if they desire. New points will replace the previously scored points, not add to them.
- Padawans should not use copyright music in any audio or video files they produce. YouTube tends to remove videos which use copyrighted music. Besides, respecting copyright is virtuous and Cheddary.
- Cheddar Monks do not engage in rules lawyering. Always in motion are the rules. If a Padawan has a question about anything, the Padawan should consider: What would a true Cheddar Monk do? The Cheddar Masters cannot provide answers; your answers must come from within.