Telekinesis is one of the most generally useful psychic/psionic/magic powers. When you think about it, moving stuff is pretty much the most basic thing you can ever want to do.
- Want to fight someone? Move a weapon or a big rock at them.
- Want to probe for traps? Move something into the area that might trigger them.
- Want to pick a pocket? Move the wallet.
- Want to pick a lock? Move the lock mechanism.
- Want to travel somewhere? Move yourself or your vehicle.
- Want to rescue someone? Move any restraints away and move them towards you.
- Want to find treasure? Move all the stuff that isn't treasure until you see it.
- Want to change the weather? Move the air and the water in the atmosphere to make it rain, or stop, or whatever.
- Want to make a fire? Move molecules to increase the thermal energy until your fuel catches alight.
- Want to influence someone? Move the synapses in their brains to control their behaviour.
Darth Vader: I never betrayed you, Anakin.
Voice: You did! You usurped my role. You stole my power!
Darth Vader: And Yoda never betrayed you. He foresaw what you could become and tried to save you. But you rejected that and betrayed him.
Darth Vader: The Jedi never betrayed you. Nor the younglings. But you murdered them all. Your betrayal.
Darth Vader: Your mother never betrayed you. She sacrificed so much to raise you. And you strangled her where she knelt. You betrayed her.
GM: Vader's sword is ripped from her grasp and hurtles across the room at you, Luke.
[SFX]: kpow! krak!
Luke: Hey! I never betrayed you either!!